The road less traveled still leads home
I didn’t arrive in field of medicine through the typical route. I’ve had many different life experiences that have helped shape the way I practice medicine today. From serving a two-year church mission in southern France to working as a youth counselor with youth corrections and a special education para-educator with the Nebo School District, one common theme always emerged: I love working with and helping people. So even though I was a little older than most medical students, I made the decision to pursue my desire to become a physician.
I attended and graduated from the Ross University School of Medicine, located in the Caribbean, and completed clinical rotations in Miami, New York City and finally back home in Utah. I was able to complete my residency at the Family Practice Residency at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. I enjoy taking care of all members of the family, including delivering babies, pediatrics, dermatology, and wellness physicals. I am excited to be practicing whole family medicine in my home town of Springville.
For appointments with Michael McLay, MD call 801-489-8464.
Michael McLay, MD provides services at:
Services provided by Michael McLay, MD
- Birth Control
- Bone Density Scans (Dexa)
- Colds and Flu
- Depression, Anxiety, and Mental Health
- Dermatology and Skin Conditions
- Diabetes Management
- Fracture Care
- Headaches and Migraines
- In-House Laboratory
- Laceration and Wound Care
- Pregnancy Care and Delivery
- Sleep Conditions
- Sports Medicine
- Sports, Mission, and Scout Physicals
- Weight Management
- Well Child Exams
- Women's Care
- I am accepting new patients.
Accepting new patients:
- Family Medicine
- Ross University School of Medicine: 2006
- Utah Valley Family Practice, Provo, UT: 2009
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Practice
- Utah Medical Association
- Utah Valley Physician Network