Running the extra mile
I’ve lived in every corner of the United States and parts in between. I started my journey at Utah State, then on to medical school in Maine, and an internship in Virginia. After medical school, I entered Naval Flight Surgeon school in Florida and subsequent duty stations in California and Oregon as a member of the Air National Guard (ANG). I went into private practice in Washington before returning to Utah.
My experience with military medicine and private practice has given me a wealth of knowledge, including sports medicine. I’m actively involved in the military as a reservist in the ANG at a special ops unit treating warrior athletes.
Sports and military medicine share many similarities, including an understanding of what a patient needs to perform at their peak level. Having been involved in a wide variety of sports myself, I understand the pain athletes can experience. I have treated athletes at all levels, including little league, club, high school, collegiate and professional (even NFL pro bowlers and World Series winners), plus weekend warriors, masters, and senior athletes.
I’m passionate about providing comprehensive non-surgical musculoskeletal care, including for acute and chronic conditions, musculoskeletal ultrasound, therapeutic injections, OMT, and the latest regenerative techniques.
For appointments with Matthew Cameron, DO call 801-798-7301.
Matthew Cameron, DO provides services at:
Services provided by Matthew Cameron, DO
- Birth Control
- Bone Density Scans (Dexa)
- Colds and Flu
- Depression, Anxiety, and Mental Health
- Dermatology and Skin Conditions
- Diabetes Management
- Fracture Care
- Headaches and Migraines
- In-House Laboratory
- Laceration and Wound Care
- Sleep Conditions
- Sports Medicine
- Sports, Mission, and Scout Physicals
- Weight Management
- Well Child Exams
- Women's Care
- I am accepting new patients.
Accepting new patients:
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Community Memorial Hospital
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- Sports Medicine Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ)
- BLS, ACLS, ATLS
- Advanced Wilderness Life Support
- Disaster Management Provider Course
- Fundamental Critical Care Provider Course
- Community Emergency Response Team Course
- Emergency Preparedness Response for CBRNE Course
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Association of Military Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons